Using this method is done at your own risk.
Say you have 1 project, and you have multiple locales within that project. You don't always want the same page version live for each locale.
So how would you do this with Frontastic? Although this isn't the official way to do it yet, there's a workaround you can do, which we'll go through in this article.
Open the Frontastic studio, go to Site builder, then select the page folder where you want your different page versions to sit
Click the more icon on your Default version of your page
- Select Duplicate version, change the name of the page version, then click Save
You can then duplicate this version again if you want to make another locale.
- Click the more icon on your new draft version, then select Schedule
- Fill in the Criterion depending on your locale (leave the dates empty) and click Save
In this example, we're using our French locale with our projectname URL as the host
There are a few things to take note of when doing this step:
- There's no error handling here, so you'll need to check your live sites to know that it's working as expected.
- The Criterion language is specific, so you need to make sure the spaces are in the same place as it is in the below example:
locale = 'en\_GB' and host = 'projectname.frontastic.io'
- You must add a Criterion and always keep it there. If you save your schedule without it, this will override your current Default version.
You can also use this method to test a page from your local environment. Use
host = '<project-customer>.frontastic.io.local'.
- Check you now have 2 Live versions
Your locale version will also appear in the Scheduled section.
- Edit each of the live page versions by clicking the edit icon
To edit the Criterion, click the more icon on the Scheduled version, then Edit schedule.
To remove the locale page version, click the more icon on the Scheduled version, then click Make Draft.
To delete the locale page version completely, click the trash can icon on the Scheduled version.
You can also add time-based scheduling to your locale pages. Add in the dates along with the criterion.
Updated 3 months ago