Using this method is done at your own risk.
Say you have one project and within that project, you have multiple locales. You don't always want the same page version live for each locale.
So how would you do this with Frontastic? Although this isn't the official way to do it yet, there's a workaround you can do which we'll go through in this article.
Open the Frontastic studio, go to Site builder, then select the page folder where you want your different page versions to sit
Click the more icon on your Default version of your page
- Select Duplicate version, change the name of the page version, then click Save
You can then duplicate this version again if you want to make another locale.
- Click the more icon on your new draft version, then select Schedule
- Fill in the Criterion depending on your locale (leave the dates empty) and click Save
In this example, we're using our French locale with our projectname URL as the host
There are a few things to take note of when doing this step:
- There's no error handling here so you'll need to check your live sites to know that it's working as expected
- The Criterion language is specific, so you need to make sure the spaces are in the same place as it is in the below example:
locale = 'en\_GB' and host = 'projectname.frontastic.io'
- You must add a Criterion and always keep it there, if you save your schedule without it, this will override your current Default version
You can also use this method to test a page from your local environment. Use host = '.frontastic.io.local'.
- Check you now have 2 Live versions, your locale version will also appear in the Scheduled section
- Edit each of the live page versions by clicking the edit icon
To edit the Criterion, click the more icon on the Scheduled version, then Edit schedule.
To remove the locale page version, click the more icon on the Scheduled version, then click Make Draft.
To delete the locale page version completely, click the trash can icon on the Scheduled version.
If you want to also add time-based scheduling to your locale pages, you'll need to order your pages within the scheduled section. Use the arrows to put the page versions in date and time order. The newest should be at the top.
Updated about 1 year ago